After spending a lot of time with youtube cache, now I am trying to devote some time to update intelligentmirror with required features and enhancements that youtube cache already enjoys. In the same direction here is version 0.5 of intelligentmirror.
- Added max_parallel_downloads options to controll the maximum threading fetching from upstream to cache the packages.
- Fine grained control on logging via max_logfile_size and max_logfile_backups option.
- Added setup script to help you install intelligentmirror. No need to execute commands one by one for installation. Just run
[root@localhost]# python setup.py install [ENTER]
- Added update script (update-im). So in case you decide to change the locations for caching rpm/deb packages, just run
[root@localhost]# update-im [ENTER]
[root@localhost]# /usr/sbin/update-im [ENTER]
- Download scheduler similar to youtube cache is added to facilitate the download queing in case of large number of requests.
- More informative logging.
- cache.log is not flooding anymore with XMLRPC logs and python tracebacks.
- Added extensive exception handling thoughout the program.
- RPMs for Fedora/Red Hat/Cent OS
- Source RPMs for Fedora/Red Hat/Cent OS
- Source Tar balls
Installation and Configuration
INSTALL and README files should help you throughout the installation and configuration process.
In case you have questions, ask them here in comments. Suggestions for improvement are welcome